I see a bit of a discussion about a proposed Mascot race at Citi.
1. Â Don’t do it, it’s lame.
2. Â If it has gotten as far as MetsBlog mentioning it, that means it’s being discussed outside of Wilpon’s Bunker, and it’s being talked about more than just as a passing idea.
3. Â These are the Wilpon Mets, the team that ignore’s it’s own tradition and borrows traditions from others. Â Do you remember when the Mets stole the YMCA thing from the Yankees for about a week. Â Yes they did, I saw it with my own eyes.
4. Â Since all that adds up to yes it’s going to happen, perhaps we’ll see the return of Lady Met. Â I’ll actually stop-hating on this idea if they dress someone in a Mettle the Mule costume (just embrace it) rather than some made up Poochie character (that’s a Simpsons reference).
5. Â If the team is going for Bread and Circuses how about Banner Day and Old Timer’s Day.
Now I’m waking up! Â Heading out for a well needed run, Mets Police Junior’s basketball game, and then some more bloggin’.