Ok, everyone in the conference room RIGHT NOW. We are have an emergency meeting. All of you. Right now!
Last week when I found out Jon Matlack had been elected to the Mets Hall of Fame, what was the first thing I did. I told YOU.
YOU. Not the other people who read the site, YOU.
And today I have to find out from a comment on a tweet that the Mets announced four Hall of Famers…I find this out SIX HOURS LATER? Not one of you thought to give me a psssst?
Unbelievable. I am furious with you all.
So my comments….
- Matlack. Told you. Last week. Did the Amazing Apple Insiderized Mets Blog Report tell you? No. Did Formerly MetsBlog tell you? No. I DID. I DID! But do you tell me when there’s news? No. Nothing.
- Great for the other three. I am assuming this is AL Jackson and not Roy Lee Jackson or Austin Jackson or someone else.
- So looks like they picked one from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Good way to go.
- Ron wasn’t in already? I guess he wasn’t.
- Four inductees is too many at once. The Mets should have split this. Unless there’s such a backlog of players to put in….take your time. Maybe you do Matlack and Ron this year and Jackson and Fonzie in 2021.
- Al Jackson died in 2019. Maybe do this a year ago guys? But it does bring up the point of doing such things WHILE PEOPLE CAN BE HONORED. If more 69 Mets are getting in, do it now. Don’t wait to build a statue until Mike Piazza is 97 and can’t make his own ceremony.
- I did not get a press release. I don’t know if anyone got a press release but I didn’t. Maybe the Mets are mad at me. That’s OK too because I am mad at them.
- What is the criteria now? Ron has 99 wins. Is Sid Fernandez with 98 wins worthy? We’re not going to put famous Yankee Al Leiter in, are we? He has 95. Or does he get in now because he’s a Mets Baseball Operations Expert. Matlack has 82. Famous Yankee David Cone has 81. There has to be a line, no? I am drawing at Ron. Sorry Sid. And what are we going to do with Jose Reyes?
- You Mets know Fonzie won a championship and then you fired him right? Does he have the wrong Agent?
- You all suck for not telling me.
I’m really hurt by this guys. The next time I have a scoop I’m just gonna blog-tease you.
Hmmmmm….this morning in the Morning Laziness I observed that GKR didn’t post anything from Fanfest and that it appeared their most recent post was welcoming Carlos Beltran.
Now it seems the Beltran post has been disappeared….and GKR Insta have posted some new things from the weekend.
While I am always happy to see a social media site updated, one wonders why they decided to take the Beltran post down? We can’t unsee it.
We know you were happy Beltran was back, and that’s OK. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about GKR, none of us knew what was happening, and in the scheme of things lets not act like Carlos Beltran is (Insert Nefarious Person Here). Maybe the guy was involved with banging on a garbage can, he’s not Public Enemy One.
Weird move. Hi person who updates the site. Tell Gary I said hi and that his Beltran post is………wait for it…..
…its outta here!
Much much much thanks to Mike for pointing out the deletion, as I love non-controversies like this.
So lets stir it up – hey why haven’t GKR welcomed Luis Rojas on Instagram? Don’t they like him??
Why didn’t Gary post pictures from Fan Fest? Does he no
If Matt Harvey did this instead of making burrito runs at 3am and watching hockey games…
SLACKISH REACTION: Pay attention to the news stories coming out of China. You can tell they are very worried about this Coronavirus. It is scary. Switch some of the city names and make up a headline like "the government has restricted travel to and from Tulsa" and it feels a lot more terrifying. So this Mets stuff doesn't really matter.
But Mets stuff you want.
ESPN might dump Baseball Operations Expert Jessica Mendoza from Sunday Night baseball. That would be good for the Mets because she would have more time to increase her contribution to the Baseball Operations Team that Wags spoke about on Friday.
The Mets did not acquire Marte. Seems that the Pirates wanted prospects and all of ours play for the Mariners.
Is this really the latest photo on the GKR Instagram? Do they not like the new manger? Did they not like Fan Fest?
SLACKISH REACTION: It feels serious this morning. I think whether you are a fan of the NBA or not, a fan of the man or not, just hearing that someone like Kobe Bryant was suddenly gone was a shock to the system. I know I don’t feel like being my usual smart-aleck self this morning.
A few Mets tweeted their reactions.
ICYMI I believe this is the Mets Spring Training cap.
ICYMI really good job by Raissman calling out the media.
I think that’s how we all felt when we heard the shocking news.