MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance and/or full-time columnists and reporters to help cover Major League Baseball. We’re interested in candidates with solid reporting skills and a strong voice who are as well versed in writing about the sport off the field as they are about the games themselves.
– Column writing from live games across the country, as well as the news of the day off the field.
– Non-column writing that helps feed the beast that is a 24-by-7 deadline cycle.
– Factual reporting; intelligent writing.
– Nuanced analysis and insightful commentary.
– Professional representation of our company inside and outside our walls.
– Multimedia experience a plus.
– Four-year degree preferred.
– Passion for the sport, as well as a thorough knowledge of the sport.
– Experienced in writing on deadline.
– Able to produce clean, crisp copy.
– Team player to work in field, as well as with editors.
– Good communicator and well-organized.
– Self-starter with a wealth of ideas.
– Willing to travel.
– Bilingual a plus.
Note: Baseball reporter job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please