The Mets are hiring a “Pitch f/x operator” (monster.com)
MLB.com, the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking Operators for its Pitch f/x system for the 2009 season. Pitch f/x tracks every pitched baseball, calculating its trajectory and break, for television broadcast, Internet, stadium video production and organizational data. It is the perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who also happens to be a big baseball fan.
– Arrive at the ballpark no later than two hours prior to the scheduled start time;
– Perform a ready-for-air check with on-site TV production;
– Double-check and verify both team’s rosters, batting lineups, pitchers, and other pre-game information;
– Size the strike zone for each batter during the game;
– Enable and/or disable pitch tracking between innings;
– Work closely with MLB stats personnel to troubleshoot the system and ensure accuracy of data;
– Provide detailed post-game reporting and recaps.
– Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner;
– Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, software and TV production;
– Excellent attention to detail;
– Ability to understand and follow baseball play during a game;
– Strong communication skills;
– Reliable transportation and cell phone.