Continuing from last night, here’s part two of the Mets’ press release.
Citi Field Dining
Under the direction of Citi Field Executive Chef Robert Flowers, the Mets and ARAMARK have added new dining options throughout the ballpark.
The Delta Sky360° Club Market will feature a LaFrieda family custom blend sausage, Two Boots pizza, and Batter Up Chicken by Tribeca Grill, buttermilk fried chicken, warm pizzelle cookies and a whipped maple butter.
Dude, I had that chicken last year at the taste of Citi Field event (was that what it was called or did I make it up?) – super duper yummy. Tell @mediagoon to start saving up for the chicken fund.
El Verano Taqueria at Taste of the City on the Field Level behind centerfield will feature a new Cantina bar menu….
Wait. Cantina bar?
Yes you know where I’m going with this…
….with frozen drinks and housemade snacks such as chile roasted peanuts and pork rinds.
The newly renamed Hain Celestial Gluten-Free Stand adjacent to the World’s Fare Market will offer gluten-free Hain Celestial snacks, hot dogs, sausage and peppers and beer. The Promenade Level will feature a bar by section 414 with frozen and mixed drinks.
Two new single-serve Zipz wines – Fetzer Crimson Cabernet Blend and Fetzer Quartz Chardonnay Blend – will be available at several locations throughout the ballpark including most Taste of the City concessions and through in-seat service.
Wait, what? Look man, if you order Fetzer Crimson Cabernet Blend at a baseball game…I will make Marge Face at you.
The following is a sampling of some of the new items and where they are available:
- Shake Shack – ‘Shroom Burger (vegetarian), High Heat Cheese Fries, Cheese Dog/High Heat Cheese Dog, “Meet the Pretz” (black & white custard, chocolate covered pretzels and malt powder)
- Blue Smoke On The Road – Beef Brisket Sandwich, Corn Bread, Pit Beans
- El Verano Taqueria – Steak tacos/quesadillas
- Catch of the Day – Fish tacos
- Acela Club – Moules Frites, Braised Short Rib, Pork Milanese, Bouillabaisse “A La Peron”
- Caesars Club – New paninis and sandwiches
Hey Goon, while you are up please get me a Pretz. Thanks.
Mets Hall of Fame and Museum
With the Mets hosting Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game for the first time since 1964, the Mets Hall of Fame and Museum will feature a special display highlighting All-Star Game memorabilia from Mets All-Stars. Johan Santana’s no-hitter, the first in franchise history, will be honored in the Put it in the Books display with the pitching rubber and home plate from the June 1, 2012 game. The museum will also commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Mets capturing the National League pennant in 1973 by displaying artifacts from members of that team. The Jersey Wall will return and display uniforms from such Mets greats as Edgardo Alfonzo, David Cone, Pedro Martinez, Willie Mays and John Stearns.
The following is a sampling of All-Star Game items:
- 1964 All-Star Game program, ticket, pennant
- Gary Carter game-used cap from 1986 All-Star Game
- Darryl Strawberry 1986 All-Star Game trophy for most votes
- John Franco 1990 All-Star Game ring
- Mike Piazza 2002 All-Star Game bat
- David Wright game-used cleats from his first All-Star Game in 2006
- David Wright 2006 Home Run Derby bat
Cool I guess. Nice to see them rotating things. Remember 23 years ago when John Franco was in the All Star Game? Yes, you have gotten old.
Major League Baseball All-Star Game Merchandise
A selection of Major League Baseball All-Star Game merchandise will be available at the Mets Team Store and throughout the ballpark. The items include: backpacks, bags, baseballs, blankets, caps, fleeces, jackets, jerseys, mini bats, mugs, pennants, pins, towels and t-shirts.