Hey, want a job with the Mets?
You know who sounds pretty qualified for this is Carlos Beltran! Well, except for “Demonstrated history of strong leadership and management skills.” – which apparently was not a qualifier for Field Manager.
If you’re repped by CAA have your Agent make a call.
The Major League Mental Performance Coach is responsible for the implementation of mental conditioning practices and initiatives with the major league baseball team as well as overseeing the growth and development of the Mental Performance Staff across the entire organization. This position reports to the Director of Performance and Sport Science and works as a member of the Performance Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field.
- Post-graduate degree in Sport Psychology is preferred.
- 3-5 years of full-time experience in a similar role working with elite athletes.
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant through the Association of
- Applied Sport Psychology is preferred.
- Demonstrated history of strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience conducting mental performance workshops with large groups, teams, and individual players.
- Previous baseball experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Up to date knowledge of latest trends and leading practices in sport psychology and high performance sport.
- A positive personality with a passion for assisting others in achieving their goals.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to work unconventional hours.
- Development and oversight of a mental performance system designed to maximize player talent and readiness across the entire organization.
- Provide leadership and management to the Mental Performance Staff across affiliates teams.
- Be the primary Mental Performance Coach for the Major League Baseball team.
- Develop and implement personalized mental performance plans for the major league baseball players.
- Develop educational workshops for the team and individual position groups.
- Work with the Front Office, Field Staff, and Performance Staff on player development initiatives.
- Assist the Player Development and Performance Departments in the evaluation of player talent and performance capabilities.