Here’s a fun game. Let’s rank the Mets Outfielders. Wags says the OF is not a priority right now so I guess we’re all set. I’m using Mets Depth Chart for my research.
1. Yoenis Cespedes! He can carry a team on his back to the World Series (with some help from Murph). Too bad he is likely out for the year.
2. Michael Conforto! He used to have to beg for playing time, but I think we now know he is a legit Major Leaguer, and our best active OFer.
3. Brandon Nimmo. Look at all this home grown talent! Hopefully the Sophomore Jinx doesn’t get him.
4. Juan Lagares. Nobody mentioned Defensive Runs Saved around here for like 5 years although one summer you’d have sworn it was the new OPS. Juan is a nice solid 4th OFer. The problem is he’s the 3rd OFer.
5. Kyle Broxton. I’m told he makes Lagares look like ME playing CF. Also his name is Keon not Kyle. Did you even catch that mistake? Well he hit .179 last season and if you ever needed proof that WAR is an asinine “stat” Broxton had a higher WAR than Murph last season. OK.
6. Jeff McNeil. Jeff is not even an outfielder, but he is one now! I am glad Wags isn’t just hoping for the best. Hojo, Keith Miller, and Murph say hi.
Is this some kind of fracking joke? (said in low stern whisper)
No Admiral, thats our actual outfield.
What am I supposed to if someone needs a day off Mr. Gaeta?
I guess you play McNeil out there sir.
MCNEIL?! Even in the minors McNeil only has 8 games out there. This is reckless.
Admiral, Colonel Tigh is on the line, he’d like to talk to you about first base.