>2009 presents an opportunity to start fresh in a new ballpark. Some suggestions:
1. Embrace Mets tradition. This is no longer an expansion team. 45+ years. The Dodgers left a half-century ago. Let Los Angeles have them. Focus on the Mets. 1969, 1986. You’ve done a good job embracing 1986 on SNY, now do so with the team. Have some days to honor the guys we all love – Keith, Mookie, Wally, Gary….even invite Straw and Gooden back (when he’s available).
2. Put a Met in place as manager. No more Yankees. I’m openly in favor of Mazzilli. How about Backman? Carter. Hojo. Fans will love it.
3. Stop with the black uniforms. White pinstripes at home, the current road uniforms with a blue hat for the road. If you want to sell black or yellow or polka dots stuff at Modell’s that’s fine. Just look like a baseball team on the field.
4. Create “The Mets Way.” When knuckleheads arise, rid the franchise of them. No more Vince Colemans. The Mets did a good job getting Milledge out. If Pedro can’t be bothered to show up and wave on Opening Day then good riddance.
5. David Wright is The Captain. This franchise lacks a career long franchise player. Let’s keep him here forever and let him be the captain. He doesn’t need a cheesy C on his jersey, but let it be known he is the man. Even if he just has OK stats for his career, the fans love him. Let us love him for a long time.
6. Tell Seaver to show up. If it takes paying him $50,000 per appearance like the Yankees had to do for Joe DiMaggio, then do it.
7. Bring the Apple. Why does management fight on this one? Bring the apple. yes we know it doesn’t work so well. It’s ours and we want it there, just bring it.
Please visit www.metspolice.com and help stop black uniforms.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.